I have a really hard time paying attention to recipes as in how much of what I use so please feel free to add or subtract flavors and measurements I think green onion or chive in this recipe would be delicious as well. —Jess
- 1 – 16 oz pkg of extra firm tofu
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 large onion
- black pepper
- corn meal
- tamari ginger sauce
- soy sauce
- orange sauce
- Drain tofu and cut into cubes or go the lazy route like we did this time and buy it pre-cubed.
- In a gallon size zippy bag place corn meal( i would say maybe 1/4 to 1/2 cup) add in some black pepper. This is going to be a coating for your tofu so if it looks like you need more go ahead and add.
- place tofu in bag with mixture zip it up and shake it up. If you want extra flavoring in the tofu you could marinate it in a mixture of soy and ginger sauce before coating in corn meal.
- Chop up all your veggies.
- fry your tofu in either a deep fryer or in a bit of oil on the stove. Drain on paper towels.
- add about a tablespoon of olive oil to a wok or pot and add all your veggies saute for a few minutes til the veggies begin to soften.
- add your tofu
- add about 7-10 dashes of soy sauce, about 2 tablespoons of tamari ginger , a few swirls of sweet and sour sauce and mix to coat everything.
- then when everything looks good, taste and add orange sauce to taste or more of whichever of the sauces is your favorite.
serve over white or brown rice. Pictures are below so you can see what it looked like every few steps of the way.
We served ours with cream cheese wontons as well.
Cream cheese wonton’s are exactly as how they sound. Cream cheese inside of a wonton wrapper, closed using water or course to help seal and then fry them. Hopefully we will have time soon to experiment using other ingredients inside soon. -Erica