Let’s face it college is frustrating. I may have not finished my journey through college just yet but I have complied a list of how to survive higher education according to my experiences.
- Rent or buy used books usually best bet to save you money. textbookrentals.com is a good comparison site with options of how long you need the item for which can help save you time when trying to shop around.
- Online classes need discipline. Don’t sign up for online classes if you know you are not good about budgeting your time or staying on task.
- Bring some of your materials with you if you are usually busy. This is especially true if you are doing an online course , I would bring my textbook with me and just read sections of the homework on my breaks at work or on commutes it makes it a bit easier to keep up with online materials.
- Start at a community college to save you some money. Even when you’re attending a university, during the summer go to your community college to collect extra credits towards your degree at a fraction of the cost. Just make sure your university accepts the credits.
- Don’t just assume you will remember important dates of assignments or that your professor will remind you, write it down on the date its due as well as a couple weeks or days before hand with a reminder. This can also be achieved using an online calendar such as Google or icalendar.
Hope this helps